Download the spreadsheet by clicking here: Self Employed Monthly Recap
(The spreadsheet will automatically download to your computer when you click the link)
Entrepreneurs need accountability and this form provides just that. This spread sheet provides a monthly accounting of your actual performance.
This is an excel spread sheet. You may customize the sheet to fit your specific needs.
- Icons- Use these icons or change to fit your monthly focus. I will change the icons for my marketing focus for that month. It is a visual reminder of your focus and the numbers reflect the income produced for that period.
- What is your goal for work, appointments and dollars? This is your number. Make it realistic! Then each month fill in what you actually produced. This is the gross amount.
- The green line can be changed for a visual of meeting your goals. Use green for meeting or exceeding your goal and change to red when your actual did not meet your goal. You will have the occasional “red month.” Too many reds mean time to change what you are doing!
- Net Income-Gross Income – Expenses=Net Income. This is the bottom line of your business. If you exceeded your goal, keep the cell green. If your actual expenses exceeded your income, be sure to change the cell color to red. Red means you need to look realistically at your business.
- Savings-Pay yourself first. You might want to make this part of your expenses. Keeping an emergency fund for those off months takes the stress out. Saving for retirement is important!
- End of year-You may use “auto sum” on the colored lines for your year end total. To make this correct, you need to use a minus sign by the dollar amount for the “red months.”